Accessing Our Messages
Our messages posted to our website are generally unedited .mp3 format available to stream or download via the podcast. There are a wide range of computer programs capable of playing these file formats. Most computers come with such a player installed. However, a free and popular player is Winamp. These are generally 45 to 55 minutes in length. We have CDs available of the messages which we can mail to you via post. Simply write us at the address on our contact section with the title(s) of the message(s) you’d like. Please include a check or money order for $5.00 USD for each message copy. This will cover the cost of mastering, materials, packaging, and shipping.
Accessing Our Training Guides
Our training guides and bulletins are available in .pdf format. This is a widely used format used to distribute printed material electronically. To open and read these format documents you will need to verify you have a program capable of opening these files on your computer (or mobile device). The standard program is Adobe’s Reader. An alternative is Foxit Reader.
Accessing Your Email Via The Web
- Visit mail.lifestaff.org
- Login using your user name. This is your email address. For example, for email@example.com, the user name would be firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The username should always be your first and last name separated by a period with exception for duplicate names.
Accessing Your Email Via An Email Client
- Enable POP3 or IMAP email access first. IMAP is preferred because it updates our email server with folder and email changes immediately.
- Open your email client Thunderbird, a free email client, is preferred and the steps listed here will reflect this.
- Create a new account. Enter your name, email address, and password.
- For incoming mail, use the IMAP address
- For outgoing mail, use the SMTP address
- For both cases please select the usage of SSL
- In both instances use your full email address as your username
- You should check the box marked “leave messages on the server” and “until I delete them”
A few notes on your Life Staff email accounts…
- We are using Google Apps for Non-Profits.
- Your email address is created with 15GB megabytes of storage. Please be diligent about purging spam and unnecessary messages from the server. Also we have access to the calendar, docs, and other products available in the Google Apps suite.
- If you have any trouble accessing/using your email, please contact the webmaster at email@example.com